I have always believed that many women of my generation have had to be flexible according to the needs of their families. That being said, my career path started as an art teacher, somewhere along the way, we started a gift store with emphasis on design, then teaching morphed into an academic advisor at the university, concurrently I completed my masters and added a BS in Applied Computer Science. Needing to provide a more stable environment I convinced myself to pursue a career as a systems analyst. I thought that my time off would be my own and I could actually spend more on my art. Hah! I am apparently not made to keep work at work and home separately. So my art work still didn’t flourish. Rather, it was patiently waiting on the sidelines. My creativity was spent on my family and fiber crafts. Finally, when I was able to retire early, I took up my passion to my fullest ability.
Pertinent education and career experiences:
- BFA, Illinois Wesleyan University, 1968
- Art Teacher substitution K through 14 including the ISU university lab school, and public school districts
- Art teacher for McLean County Art Center including
- creating and presenting Prairie Tales, an experiential rural program combining historical aspects in an artistic application
- comics creation
- photography including developing and printing
- Art Teacher for Olympic Schools at the middle school level
- MS, Art Education, Illinois State University,
- Art teacher in Mesa Arizona for Sun Life Resort including:
- pastel painting
1 thought on “Who am I?”
Thanks for sharing superb informations. Your website is so cool. I’m impressed by the details that you’ve on this website. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found just the information I already searched everywhere and just could not come across. What a perfect website.